Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Friday, June 3, 2011

New Foster kids!

Dcfs called us and we are going to foster two boys. I will have to come up with blogger names for them as I get to know them. For now I will call them 4x4 and lucky 7.
I met them for the first time yesterday. They are adorable.
Nanna Banana is so excited. "where's my brothers?" She keeps asking. She woke up this morning before she even said "Good morning" she said,"are my brothers coming today?"
I am nervous. It means that my way of life will be very different. I will not be able to just pick up and go, like I can now. I will have to plan more. Meal plans, Shopping plans. Virtually everything will have to have plans. My house will be messier, (yikes!) my life will begin yet another new chapter.
Although I am nervous, I am really looking forward to it! I never thought I would be a soccer mom. Especially not at 40.

"when you're in my heart, you're in my family"

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you all. What a blessing for those boys. You have the biggest heart. Is it hard to foster? We have really been thinking about it now that I can't have any more kids. So happy for you, love you, Rachel

    ReplyDelete