Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Monday, June 6, 2011

Second official meeting with the boys

It was a great day! the kids all "swam" in the hot tub. now no, I don't want any comments, the pump and heater were working but the temp was at 82 degrees (heated swimming pools are at 80) and the chemicals were fresh watered down. They really had a good time. Then we had lunch, Hot Dogs, cheese stick, apple slices, and a few corn chips. After ward they just played or watched TV.
The older boy really likes it here and didn't want to go back to his current foster home. The younger, he is just a sweet little 4 year old who is resilient and just happy to be doing anything.
I am glad that they aren't picky eaters, but they eat very little. It really was a lot of fun. Nanna Banana struggled a little bit. it kind of reminded me of how animals will jostle for their place in their little pack. I think she was securing her place as a dominant pack leader! She really was a bit of a bully! But, in all honesty, she did much better than I would have thought.
Buggy Boo did good. she played with both boys and just tagged along behind most of the time.
I was worried that my house wasn't quite as tidy as I had hoped it would have been, but now looking back, i think it may have been a good thing to have some things out of place. I think it made them feel more at home.
I am already really liking these boys. When little 4x4 asked for a hug, it nearly melted my heart!
I look forward to seeing them again on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment