Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Push-over vs. hard nose

I have been letting 7 "slide" a bit. maybe it was because i felt a need to with his vulnerability, or perhaps I wanted a buddy, or maybe because of all the conflicting parenting styles.
I know he was terrified at his former foster home. I also know he has a lot of fears and worries for such a small boy. I have been allowing him to sleep upstairs on the couch. The problem is, now, tonight we have company. 2 giggly teenage girls who need a place to sleep and it just so happens that "7"'s couch pulls out into a bed.
I felt really bad forcing 7 to go to bed, in his bed, and I half-way expect repercussions from it (hopefully not!)
But how long do I allow him to sleep on the couch?
Yet I remember when i had gone through my own trauma that I slept on my mom's floor for nearly 3 years.
I wished parenting was more easier. That you knew the right things to say and the right way to handle things.
He has requested that every light be on downstairs, and that I wait down here until he is asleep. It is now past 11:00. He is still awake, and pouting, or sobbing, or whimpering, or something.
I really do feel bad about making him feel this way, but what do you do? What is the right thing to do?
sigh.
guess it is all part of the game.
tomorrow will look better, I am sure.