Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Sunday, July 24, 2011

You know you have little girls when....

Funny thing happened. Nanna Banana asked if she could comb my hair. I always dread this because I have long thick wavy hair that does not take well to the way children brush hair. but... I found a baby brush and relented.
They played for about 45 minutes putting various bow and clips and even a few pony tails. Not to mention the "teased" wads of hair they had created.
After a while, the phone rang and I ran to answer it. It was a call from my aunt. I wanted to talk to her. I had forgotten all about the hair accessories.
about an hour later someone came knocking on my door.
It was a solicitor. one who had bee to my home a few days earlier trying to sell me a $500.00 set of books for the kids. I had told her when she was there a few days before that I was sorry but couldn't afford it (although they appeared to be very nice books,  it seemed very expensive for my children to tear up).
But she was persistent, so i put the blame on Baynard. She came back to see if I had changed my mind.
I guess I somewhat scared her when I answered the door. She kind of stepped back and her first phrase was," I guess your children are keeping you very busy." I could tell that she was trying to stifled a giggle, but i thought it was due to the 3 little faces peeking out of the blinds in the window. She went away quickly.
A few more hours passed. I decided that 1/8 gallon of milk would not go far with 4 children and that I needed to g to the store. When i looked in the mirror, I saw about 35 clips, barrettes, and ponytail holders in my hair, with wads sticking out everywhere. I wished i had taken a picture.
No wonder her reaction was what it was!
Little girls, Ya gotta love them!