Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Monday, August 8, 2011

Been a While, been sick, sort of.

Yeah, I know. its been a while.
I have been a little sick the last few weeks.
My foot has had some funky thing happen to it. I am not sure if it is a bite, or a burn.
OK, so why wouldn't i know and why wouldn't i feel it? because I had neuroma surgery http://www.podiatrynetwork.com/document_disorders.cfm?id=154
When the nerve was cut, I lost all feeling in two and 1/2 of my toes. It just so happens that whatever it was that happened, occurred there. (Ugh!)
So WHY don't i know what happened? My thought is that it is one of two possibilities, as I mentioned before.
OK, so seems silly, but we have ALWAYS kept our potato chips in the oven. Why you ask? because it is dry and dark and they stay fresh longer. plus the added benefit of having the off the counter top or refrigerator! Anyhow, I had pulled all the bags of chips out of the oven, and threw my "garbage casserole" (basically whatever meat we happen to have with tater tots and whatever veggie we have mixed with cream of chicken soup as well as whatever else I may be inspired to use, or have leftover, and, yes, most of the time it is actually pretty good.
So, as I digress, when i went to pull the casserole out of the oven, the shelf "flipped just a little and there was a few corn chip that must have dumped out. Of course they were blackened, but I suddenly felt a tiny pain, kind of like a grease splatter pain on the BOTTOM of my foot. It wasn't too bothersome, so I didn't think much more about it.
About 3 days later I began to notice this horrible reddish coloring to the top of my foot. As time went on, blisters began to form, and a few scabs, and the redness spread to the bottom of my foot and toes as well as between them. then there was tiny pimple-like blisters that began to form on my other toes. Now, the two toes that had been numb are slightly darker than the rest, and some of the blisters remain. There is No pain, I have no feeling there.
The other possibility is that it originated as a spider bite that turned into a case of staph infection.
It is doing better, and it looks much better, but it is still a little odd looking.
I have also developed a very wet cough over the last month. It seems like no matter what i do or try, i just can't get rid of it. Like I said, I feel fine, there is no fever, just a lot of "muck".
I guess it is time to go to the doc and get something for it., maybe have a chest x-ray.
We will see.