Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Monday, September 19, 2011

Vacation Days 2 and 3

Days 2 and 3 were pretty uneventful for me. I got to bug bomb and spend the day looking at camp trailers.
Actually, the bug bomb thing was very necessary and much needed. I have a horrible fear of spiders and bugs in general, yet I am very adamant about not killing them. I know... conflict in interest there. Usually I just suck up my fear and take the little critter outside. However, this year for some strange reason the indoor bugs are taking over. pretty soon they are going to start charging ME rent. I know it is coming. I have seen it in their 8 little eyes. So, bug bombing it is.
This also means 4 to 5 hours out of the house.
Baynard and Earl and his son little Earl decide to take the 4 wheelers out. Baynard was proud of his showpiece and allowed everyone out at Dell to ride it who had the courage. He claims that at one point he actually got up to speeds of 80 mph.
OK, I admit. this ticks me off. not for the fact that his is a bigger badder machine that mine, but because it is just not family friendly. 80 mph with an unsecured toddler is a bit "iffy" to me.
Little Earl had the time of his life and was allowed to be a boy! he got dirty, he rode fast and he loved every minute of it.
The flip side is that after bug bombing the premises, Earls wife Annie and I went to lunch at Olive Garden. We had girls day out. Food was great as always. even my little girls seemed to enjoy it!
We then rode around too. rode around the valley while the girls slept. While not the exciting adrenalin rush, the conversation was good.
Looking at camp trailers was uneventful. They just all seem to have some funky moldy wood smell. ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment