Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Saturday, April 14, 2012

good news, and baffling news

I received some very exciting and yet confusing news.
A few long hours after my previous post, I received a call from my doctor,
It was strange. I have never felt “dizzy stress” before. You know… the kind where they usually say, “Are you sitting down?” well, now I know why.

The news was both great, and baffling.

All of my “girl” parts are working and looking fine, according to the blood work and ultrasound. That is the good part.
My entire “girl” parts are working and looking fine, is the baffling part.

I was told more than a dozen years ago that I had no ovaries and had gone through menopause when I was just 21.   Well, the ultrasound doesn’t lie. I have 2 walnut shaped orbs. Interesting.
So… the diagnosis is that I am “peri menopausal”

To most people it is a sign that their motherly possibilities are over, and that they are nearing the summit of their lives, and usually looking to grandmother-hood. For me, it was funny.
Why was I told all those years ago that there was no way that I would ever have a baby of my own because I didn’t have ovaries, and yet, here this doctor found them, and apparently they ARE working?

Well, I can constantly drill on the why’s and how and what could have been, but the reality is this.
I do not have cancer.

I do have ovaries and probably now, PMS.

Its Friday the 13th today, but it is a good day!
Today, I am given yet another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment