Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ok, so.... I am an official Minivan mom.

So, yes. I gave up the keys to my Chevy Trailblazer. The car I loved. I have always liked the SUV-type vehicles. and the Green 2005 Chevy Trailblazer with only 42,000 miles on it was my baby. the first car I ever researched, picked out, financed on my own through a bank without a co-signer, and... paid off. Has now become someone else's joy.
We just couldn't make it work with the Trail Blazer. not with 4 kids, and even 3 was a bit squishy, with too tight of quarters it was a little too convenient to play the "she's touching me" game.
So, this 2007 Honda Odyssey is now mine. I guess it means I am officially a Momma here in the state of Utah now.
I like it. it is nice and has lots of bells and whistles. Baynard was smart though and opted for the electronics warranty, which with our luck with vehicles in that department, I think it was a wise one.
I do have to say, however, I lost my car.... Yes. lost it.
The first time i drive it I take it to wally Mart. Do you have any idea how many mini-vans there are in any given Wal-Mart parking lot? I would bet that it took me at least 10 minutes of looking in the parking lot to find it. I'm sure the guy who watches the surveillance camera was having a great time kicking back with his bag of popcorn and his Mountain Dew watching me push Nanna Banana all over the parking lot in a cart FULL of groceries (have to get ready for the boys to come tomorrow).
Anyhow, again, another chapter closing and a new one to begin, tomorrow. My baby will no longer be a baby, two boys entering our lives, and my SUV days are gone. Sigh.... finishing a chapter is always a little sad, but I cant wait to begin this next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment