Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Thursday, September 8, 2011

One week later/vacation

Its been one week since court. A week ago I was in this same spot, at this very time, worrying about court.
Now, it is a week later. It seems so long ago that the boys left. Buggy Boo has mentioned him a few times, Nanna asked if we were going to pick him up from school yesterday, and was singing a song that spelled out his name, but otherwise, they seem to be doing well. I think being on vacation this week has helped too. I did get a call from their dad on Monday. He said that things were going well and he was enrolling the boys in school. He said he would let the boys contact me in about a week when they were settled in.... We will see. I thought it was a nice gesture on his part and I can only hope and pray that things really are as he has promised! :)

We tried out the new boat yesterday. It runs well and is "sea-worthy". Not really MY thing, but Baynard likes it, so we will play along. We went back to Rockport. The water was clear and warm, and there were only about 4 or 5 other boats on the water. It was nice and smooth. I drove it. I guess I am just not adventuresome... just NOT my thing. to me? I could drive on the road. Drive on the road? Drive in circles on the water. I really WANT to like it more, but I spend all my time worrying about the girls.

Today we  are going to try camping. We need to check out the new camper anyhow. It will be interesting to see how that one plays out. We are taking the four-wheelers up American Fork Canyon. I am looking forward to this. I haven't really had a chance to ride my bike.  I hope camping is fun and makes the purchase of the trailer worth our while.(and $$!) I know camping is a lot of work.

The girls are excited to go as well. I am not sure they know what camping means, but I think they will enjoy exploring etc. We are taking the dogs with us as well. I will have to post some pics when we get settled up there.