Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Saturday, November 19, 2011

My new family motto.

I had just gotten a report card from LeeLee and Bubby. They were... OK. I guess, considering both children are special needs. The good thing about it is that I have discovered that Bubby's reading is on a Kinder level, LeeLee's is about a 3rd grade level.
I have been pondering this, and I think this is a good thing. A lot of work, but a good thing. One of the things I am going to begin is after school "homework". Neither of the older kids has homework. Bubby is back at learning letter sounds, just slightly ahead of Nanna who is learning letters. LeeLee can site read and sound out words. It will be perfect for teaching Sami to read. Kids learn more from their peers, so Bubby can teach Nanna, and LeeLee can teach Bubby.
My new family motto. "Meet them where they are."
I will try to keep you posted of what we are doing. I will add a little link for things in case you would like to try some of our ideas.  Feedback will be much welcome, as well as your own ideas.
i am actually excited about this, even though it will mean a LOT of work.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment