Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Swimming

today we ventured out into the cold... and the snow... yes, snow. several inches. I guess winter is here now, and I didn't even get all the leaves raked up. Oh well, I guess they will be there in the spring covered in lovely shades of mold and mildew.
We decided, of all things, to go swimming. I have really been blessed that none of the kids we have ever had in our home is afraid of water.  Nanna just loves wiggling free with her water wings, LeeLee hangs around the warm water jets and does somersaults, Bubby is a fish and a really good swimmer. Buggy boo has always been a little baby fish. The first time we took her to the pool, she was about 6 months old. People kept taking pictures of this little tiny baby who would float on her back while sucking her toes. I have to admit, it was adorable!
I am really missing the babies lately.  I guess this is what normally people would call the "baby blues". I think part of it is also because as they are growing and our "home" situation is mutating, I am forced to get rid of unnecessary items, such as.... baby things. 
Sigh.
but... we have had a breakthrough this week with Bubby!. He had an incredibly awful start to the week (resulting in ALL of us having an awful start of the week). I think he was feeling that he wasn't wanted, or wasn't sure if he belonged, or maybe he was just making sure he wasn't going back to his birth family, I don't know. I got a call from his school that his behavior was totally out of control and would I please come and get him.
When I got there, he was struggling. He was spouting off random "hates". I just let him go, I think he was doing it to test, even though he really doesn't have that sort of a conscious.
I think he was wondering "IF I am bad enough, will you send me back?" sort of thing. He really doesn't want to go back so I think he was just testing it.   After he finished his rantings, we have had a really GREAT week.
Even though I haven't fully "bonded" with these kids, I have to say that it melted my heart when he kept calling me "Mom".  Today he slipped and kept calling Shane, Dad.
These 2 are a lot of work. a LOT of work, but sometimes, just something so small, makes all the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment