Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Buggy Boo


My Buggy Boo is growing up too fast. She is now 2 1/2 and a little genius.

OK. I know all parents like to believe this about their children. But with her? She has had a good teacher, her sister, who is also a genius.

We were sitting in the van the other day. It was a snowy and cloudy grey kind-of day.

Nanna said to me, "Momma? Where does the sun go when it snows?"

"It is behind the clouds. The clouds are like a blanket to the sun. It is still there, just hiding in its blanket." I replied.

She continues the conversation with, "but where does the moon go?"

"It is on the other side of the earth like a night light for the people who are sleeping." I said. I was really glad that she accepted this answer because I really didn't want to get into a physics/astronomy lesson with a 3 year old while driving to a Dr. appointment in a snow storm.

But then Buggy joins in the conversation putting in her comment. "But Mommy? Where are the comets?"

Comets? My 2 1/2 year old already knows about comets? WOW, she knew enough that she knew they were in the sky with the sun and the moon. WOW, I think I was like 7 before I even heard about comets.



While most children her age are into asking "why?" about everything, she is into asking, "What does ____ mean?"

Yesterday it was, "what does dead mean?" and "what does disgusting mean?" and "what does 'hang tight' mean'"? "What does alive mean?"

OK, so how do you explain what "alive" is to a 2 year old? The real kicker was when she asked me "mommy, what does 'because' mean?"

You tell me?



She is quite the character. She is beginning to rhyme words and put beginning sounds to words. She is able to tell you what number is bigger. For example, "which has the most, 3 or 8?" and she can answer it correctly about 4 out of 5 times.



Yup... that's my little Genius!

However, as with all Geniuses, she has her quirks. She still does not use a fork or spoon and chooses to flat hand smash food into her face. What goes into her mouth is a bonus. What does not falls on the floor.

But getting her to not make up stories with her food as she is eating? Well, that's a post for another day!



BTW, green is her favorite color.

No comments:

Post a Comment