Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand
Nanna Banana holding daddy's hand

Friday, August 24, 2012

One whacky morning

Today was an eventful morning.
It is Friday and.. well? aren't Fridays supposed to be the most anticipated day of the week? well, I heave a sigh and say that I hope this is NOT how the weekend is going to go.
It began at 3:30 a.m. when Buggy, Nanna and Sunshine ALL climbed in bed with me. it is against the rules to have foster children in your room, so I had to send all 3 girls back to bed. It wasn't 20 minutes later when Nanna and Buggy showed back up. After 45 minutes they fell asleep, although with as much wiggling as they were doing, you would never know that they really were asleep.  I got up, went upstairs and slept on the couch.
I woke up to the sound of the downstairs TV blaring at top volume "Salagadoola Mechicka Boola Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!" I go downstairs to see all three girls dancing and around a huge pile of ribbon,lace, pins, glue sticks and various other craft supplies.
I look at the clock and it is 7:45. 45 minutes before Buggy needs to catch her bus. I send her up to get dressed. She actually chooses clothes that match.. a long sleeve sweat shirt with a spider on it and pink shorts. Hey, its predicted that the temperature is lower today... 94 degrees. OK. I guess. whatever. on closer inspection I realize that her shirt is on backwards, her pants are inside out and her underpants are on sideways. Self expression has GOT to draw the line somewhere. I get her re-arranged and ready for breakfast. I am relieved that they want cold cereal this morning. And today we are lucky, only one bowl of cereal found the floor. I am thinking in spite of the crafty mess downstairs it must be a good day!
But then.... it is now 8:15. Oh no! there is a horrible horrible stench emanating from... the kitchen... the garbage? no. the sink? no. it is near the table. HOLY COW! it is Sunshine. She has poop up her back, it is nasty nasty green. it is all over her booster chair, all over her jammies. All over her. ICK!
Off to the shower. I get her clothes off I hear Bleu scream "Why did you do that? its a huge mess! what did you do that for!" and I hear scampering, drawers being pulled open and the water turn on.
BREATHE! I tell myself. I close my eyes and take that deep breath. I swear i hear a groan coming from my mouth. part of me wants to just shut the door and pretend that nothing has happened. maybe it isn't as bad as i imagine? Maybe they will clean it up and i wont be any wiser? Doubtful! I finish with Sunshine. Rinse the poopies down the sink and throw some bleach around the tub.
I send Sunshine off to finish her breakfast. I walk into the living room. Two oldest children are huddling around the lounge chair, frantically scrubbing it with a towel. Upon closer inspection, I realize that it is a mess. I am sure that Nanna is behind it. After a minor tantrum, I get it out of her that she had the last of the eggs, (5 of them) and sat on them in the chair.
I am at a loss. I have no idea what to do or how to handle this. I did the first thing I could think of. Maybe not the ideal discipline, but it was spontaneous and the only thing I could think of.
I noticed there was one egg left. I grabbed it and cracked it over her head and realized I was hearing the bus honking outside.
Buggy doesn't have a lunch. We cant find her shoes.  Her hair is not combed. OH MAN! I send her off on the bus carrying socks and with Nanna's winter boots.
I come back in. Nanna is still standing in the middle of the kitchen with raw egg dripping down her head. screaming.
I have her clean up the mess from the dripping egg. it takes her about 20 minutes.
Then i throw her in the shower.
I can't figure what to do with the egg in the chair. I wipe it up as best as I can and throw baking soda and vinegar on it. 
Oh yeah. I need to run Buggy's lunch to school. then I get a call from a man that i had been doing business with. He claims that i had done the project all wrong even though it was exactly as he had said. Sigh.   9 hours of typesetting down the tubes!
I look at the clock. it is 10:30. Her lunch is at 11. I need to run it to her ASAP.
I cant find MY shoes. I go barefoot.
I need a break.
Back home Bleu decides he is going to play "Lets Dance" on the Wii. Maybe I need the distraction.
I begin playing. I am surprised! I am doing better than I would have thought. Sunshine is upset however that one of the character she says is "Scary!" so she goes off to play in her room.
About 30 minutes later, I cant find her!
She is not in her room. She is not outside anywhere. I check downstairs. She is not there. She isn't in the shed, She isn't in the playroom, she isn't in the bathroom.
I go out in the front and begin asking the neighbors if they had seen her. They hadn't either.
I am totally panicking!
The thoughts that are going through my head are that we have to leave for visitation in 20 minutes!
Where is she?
I know there are a few registered offenders in the neighborhood. Oh. no. please don't tell me! No No No!
Finally, Bleu hollers out at me, and he is laughing.
"I found her!"
I am relieved, but part of me is hesitant, I am still worried that something has happened.
I walk into the girls' room. There she is, asleep under a pile of about 4 blankets, covered head to toe.
I am so relieved!
I need to go to the bathroom.
I puke!
OK. kids, time to get in the van! Lets go! march march march!

Thank heavens the rest of the day was much less eventful. A little shopping and a nap?

No comments:

Post a Comment